Saturday, 21 February 2009

A short introduction to being Lost in the Country...



It sounds horribly pretentious of me but I never thought that at anytime I would be unemployed. Now this is probably partly my own doing, partly the recession and there are (a few) jobs out there (a recruitment agent phoned me the other today asking if she could put me forward for a role at an agency that handled PR for a very large tobacco firm, I was on the verge of screaming down the phone to her “this is why I don’t want to work in PR!!” in the end I declined politely) but I can’t at the moment quite bring myself to start that search as I am having quite a nice time doing not a lot, thank you very much.
So I am now to be found back home in Leeds living with my mum and dad and I thought I better put myself to some sort of use...the outcome of that thought is this blog. It is mainly to keep me doing something and to keep me writing and who knows by some miracle I might become a world famous blogger – we’ll have to wait and see. In the mean time I am going to write about my adventures in the country, my quest to (maybe) look for a new job and to hopefully start to do something positive with my time and life...

PS For those of you who weren't in the Young Ornothologists Club when you were younger the picture is of a red kite...i watch them over my house and they are absolutely gorgeous...you dont get them in Whitechapel!

No comments:

Post a Comment